Job Description: Treatment Nurse
Job Status: Part-time (2 days per week, opportunity for full time)
Reports to: Manager, Patient Adherence and Community Partnerships
HepCURE is a non-profit committed to eliminating Hepatitis C in Canada. We work with community based organizations and pharmacies across Ontario and offer the most comprehensive screening and treatment program for marginalized people living with Hepatitis C.
The Treatment Nurse will meet with clients weekly and provide treatment services. Responsibilities include coordinating deliveries of patients medication(s), treatment initiation, monitoring patient adherence and providing counselling during treatment to maximize treatment related outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of patient medication(s)
- Medication counselling before and during treatment;
- Harm reduction education and counselling;
- Hep C education and counselling;
- Registering clients who require support services;
- Medication adherence monitoring;
- Other duties as required.
- The successful candidate must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario and able to practice without restrictions and possess a current B.C.L.S. (CPR) at the HealthCare Provider Level;
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and vehicle; and willingness to undertake out-of-town travel as required;
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a strong knowledge of early intervention principles for psychosis, psychiatric nursing, addiction issues and the Mental Health Act.;
- Demonstrated ability to intervene effectively in clinical situations requiring the management of disturbed behaviour;
- The candidate must have medication administration certification or completion of an RPN education preparation program that includes medication administration;
- Experience working with individuals from diverse ethno cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds is required;
- Ability to work between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (and occasional weekends as required);
- Harm reduction experience and knowledge;
- Past experience in an outreach or community based setting is required;
- Proficient iPhone and iPad literacy.
- Fluent in English and French or other language is an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills enabling you to develop a Nurse-Client relationship;
- Self-directed team player who is highly organized and has the communication and interpersonal skills that enable them to work within an interdisciplinary collaborative team environment;
- Strong problem‐solving skills, and the ability to think under pressure;
- Great time management and organizational skills;
- Strong focus on delivering quality customer service and patient care.
Please note: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn at all times.
HepCURE has established very stringent policies and procedures to ensure safety of all staff and clients.