Job Description: Intake Coordinator
Job Status: Permanent Full-time
Reports to: Manager, Outreach Services
HepCURE is a non-profit committed to eliminating Hepatitis C in Canada. We work with community based organizations and pharmacies across Ontario and offer the most comprehensive screening and treatment program for marginalized people living with Hepatitis C.
The Intake Coordinator will manage the recruitment and registration process of clients at designated screening sites across Toronto and surrounding areas. Responsibilities include qualifying participants prior to registration, entering information for qualified clients in the HepCURE Registry and managing the flow of traffic at all screenings.
The ideal candidate will be resourceful, dependable, highly organized, detail-oriented and have a passion to make a difference in the communities we service. She or he is proud to say that commitment to diversity and passion for helping others are amongst her/his personal values, and is looking for an opportunity that will allow her/him to exercise both while working for a non-profit community agency with a reputation for excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating logistics at screening sites with community partners;
- Digital registration of all participants prior to screening;
- Ability to follow safety protocols and procedures;
- Ability to engage patients and promote HepCURE services;
- Address client complaints and concerns;
- Perform clerical work such as emailing, coping and data entry;
- Provide assistance in locating missing clients;
- Ability to work independently and with a team;
- Introduce community organizations to HepCURE services and program;
- Daily coordination of mobile unit route and adherence to scheduled screening times;
- Ability and comfort in driving a truck/ambulance as a backup resource;
- Escalate any issues related to the daily screenings;
- Other duties as required.
- Lived experience or background in addiction/shelter services;
- Ability to work between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (and occasional weekends as required);
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and vehicle; and willingness to undertake out-of-town travel as required;
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Proficient iPhone and iPad literacy.
- Fluent in English; proficiency in French or other language is an asset;
- Strong problem‐solving skills, and the ability to think under pressure;
- Great time management and organizational skills;
- Strong focus on delivering quality customer service and patient care;
Please note: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn at all times.
HepCURE has established very stringent policies and procedures to ensure safety of all staff and clients.